Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Of life and loss

Bennett is here. He is doing as well as can be expected. He scored well on his apgar and is a fighter, like his mother!

I know the journey this family is facing. Any parent with a child in the NICU soon realizes what a wild ride it is. There will be highs and lows ahead, joys and disappointments. The time will both fly by and at the same time, there will be hours that seem like days. Just thinking of the journey ahead for them takes me back to that time in my life when Boo was there.

Another friend online lost her son yesterday. Isaac had medical issues but this was a sudden thing. My heart breaks for their loss. I cannot fathom loosing a child. Tonia put it beautifully :
This isn't something parents are supposed to have to do. My kids are supposed to outlive me. I knew Isaac wasn't going to have the life that other kids would, but I didn't have any idea we would only have him for this short time.
Please keep both families in your thoughts.

I promise to blog about other things soon...not much happening in TTC world right now...

No comments: