Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Rejected

I got a letter last week saying that I was not accepted into the Librarian Grant program.

I'm more upset about it than I had thought I would be. I really thought my application would be accepted. The letter said that they needed to look at the distribution of where the teachers will be so that the whole state gets even coverage.

I'm considering asking to join in the cohort and pay for the classes. Mr and I have to sit down and look at financials in order to do that. I would apply for loans, but it's a pretty penny. Yes, I'll get a raise with the degree, so it may even out in the end.

I've never really been rejected like that before. It is a jolt to be told "thanks but no thanks."

Blah. My mood matches the weather now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm sorry to hear that! I totally get the feelings though. The story of mine I sent you got rejected by the publisher last week. Let me know if you want to talk about the degree, though. There may be other school options since you'll be paying for it on your own if you decide to do it.