Monday, August 17, 2009

Limbo

And the wait is excruciating....

I called my doc yesterday and asked to have HCG and Progesterone tested. We've been trying almost 4 years for this and I just don't want to take chances or get hopes up if it's not real.


So after going to two labs yesterday I called to get results. The nurse said "well, it's positive but the number is low so we are going to have you go back in a week and do another blood test."

Wait, what? A week? So I asked what my numbers were. HCG was 59, they didn't do progesterone. "We'll be able to tell more in a week."

Gee, thanks. I"ve waited almost 4 years to see a positive and you are going to tell me this? Way to burst my bubble.

I called back later and insisted on having my progesterone drawn. I also had a friend look online (I was in an inservice all day) for HCG numbers. She found this:

At 14 DPO, the average HCG level is 48 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 17-119 mIU/ml.
* At 15 DPO, the average HCG level is 59 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 17-147 mIU/ml.
* At 16 DPO, the average HCG level is 95 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 33-223 mIU/ml.
* At 17 DPO, the average HCG level is 132 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 17-429 mIU/ml.
* At 18 DPO, the average HCG level is 292 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 70-758 mIU/ml.
* At 19 DPO, the average HCG level is 303 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 111-514 mIU/ml.
* At 20 DPO, the average HCG level is 522 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 135-1690 mIU/ml.
* At 21 DPO, the average HCG level is 1061 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 324-4130 mIU/ml. * At 22 DPO, the average HCG level is 1287 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 185-3279 mIU/ml. * At 23 DPO, the average HCG level is 2034 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 506-4660 mIU/ml. * At 24 DPO, the average HCG level is 2637 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 540-10,000 mIU/ml

So since I'm likely about 14 or 15 DPO (yes, I don't temp...it makes me insane) then I'm okay, right?

So now I wait. And I obsess about every twinge. And I tell myself that if it's not going to grow that I'll live.

Right?

Limbo

(and I thank anyone who commented! Who knew that people still checked on me? Gotta love those feeds huh?)

5 comments:

Melis.sa said...

I hope this week passes quickly with a super high beta next week!!

LJ said...

A WEEK? That's cruel. Simply cruel.

Yo-yo Mama said...

I can't believe they want to wait a whole 7 days! Jerks.

I would do lots of sleeping (if you can) to get each 24 hrs to pass quicker.

Baby Smiling In Back Seat said...

Here from LFCA...

A week? Eek!

My RE's threshold was that anything over 50 is good. "Low" depends on who you ask.

Good luck!!

areyoukiddingme said...

What??? A week? That's crazy. It's just a blood test that they can do in a day. Every 2-3 days there is supposed to be a significant change. Making you wait a week is just plain mean. Much luck...

Here from LFCA