Wednesday, January 17, 2007

So now what?

Friday I had a 21 day blood draw to check for FSH, progesterone and thyroid levels. It went well, only 2 tries to get blood. (Average is 3 tries and 2 people)

I called yesterday for the results. The nurse called me back and told me that everything showed normal. I should probably have asked for specifics, but I didn't. Isn't hindsight 20/20?

She told me DrK said we could keep trying on our own or go straight to IUI.

Why did that make me panic? It's not like there is something wrong with us. Is that why I panicked? It would be so much easier if I knew WHY. If they started me on Clomid or even if they wanted a Day 3 blood test, I'd feel better.

A part of me says WOAH this doesn't sound right. A part of me feels guilty for second guessing my doc. A part of me wants to go right to IUI. A part of of me says it wouldn't help anyway.

How many parts of me are there?

So now what? We wait. AF should show by saturday if it's going to show. Then we make decisions. I'm looking into going to an RE. I don't know if I need a referral or what. I'm sure I probably do.

I'm past the edge now, the ball is rolling, but are we really prepared to keep up with it?

1 comment:

DD said...

Do not underestimate your determination and strength. The ball is rolling; the key is to keep your eye on it.