Friday, March 23, 2007

It's the Weather

I've been teaching for almost 10 years. In that time, I've formulated a theory about how the weather affects students. When it's humid, dark and rainy, the kids act up. The last few days have been this way too.

It might have to do with the fact that it's one week before spring break and the weather is suddenly warm. It's supposed to be 80 degrees here next week...I am NOT looking forward to that two days before break. They'll crazy.

They are talkative today. Talkative and not cooperating. It's frustrating to try to get a classroom full of students to play attention when they are squirmy and whispering to each other. I blame the barometer. I'd bet that given enough money to research it, I'd come to the conclusion that barometric pressure causes mood swings.

It doesn't help that I'm just blah today too. I am grouchy, tired and just not wanting to do MY work. I'm distracted and a bit headachy. What a whiner huh?

I want to go home and hide. Of course, I won't. We're going to the Y tonight to try it out. We aren't telliing Boo that's where we're going until we get there. We have tried talking "the gym" up to him, but he doesn't like the idea. We're going and going to cross our fingers that he doesn't FREAK and we can work out.

Okay....I'm now rambling and not making sense...so I'll go...excuse my post today

It must be the weather!

No comments: