I went in to tell my assosciate principal that I was changing my mind about going to the MMGW conference in New Orleans. My principal came to me Monday afternoon and said he needed to purchase the plane tickets right away and he needed a final answer. Mr and I talked about it and if these next two IUIs don't work, we'll be moving on to IVF this summer, most likely in July. I had to decline.
I told my assoc. principal why I decided not to go. Of course, in the next three minutes I heard the following statements from her:
- You aren't getting pregnant BECAUSE you are trying.
- You need to relax about it.
- I know a woman who tried for like TEN YEARS to get pregnant, spent all of her money of IVF and finally had a little girl. Now she's due with an OOPS, be careful what you wish for.
- Have a glass of wine, that will do it.
Here is what I would like to have said:
- Yeah, you are right. I'll just stop trying and that will work.
- Will you pay for weekly massages? I think that might help me relax.
- Thanks, thanks...those stories never fail to make my life so much better.
- Wine? Yeah, wine will make everything all right (I sort of agree with this one, but hell, I've had enough wine in the last year to ensure triplets and zip, nada, nothing!)
Now, as I've said...up until now I've been able to glance over these things. I've told myself "hey, no big deal." But this hurt. I think because she just had a gorgeous little girl a year ago (her second.) She only wanted one until I brought Boo in to school one day and she held him. After that, she would tell me that holding him made her want a second. She now has that second one. I don't.
In other news:
Mr's SA is back and his count (drumroll please.....)
up from 8
He says he was "inspired"