Wednesday, September 12, 2007

It's a darn good thing I took the whole day off!





But first things first: Opening his gift from his Godfather as soon as he got dressed today:

Boo is three!!





This will be a quickie as I have a ton of work to do for my class tonight and we are taking Boo out for his birthday at 4.



Because it took until 12:30 before I got out of there!

Okay....here goes:

I have FOURTEEN follicles growing! The protocol on the trial said I must have more 6 or more AND my E2 level needed to be over 500. We had to wait a while for the blood work to get back. My E2 level is 358. Michelle and the head doctor lobbied pretty hard for me. She said (and I quote) "We are not going down without a fight!"

I am the first person in the country to go through the trial so all the little questions are getting worked out on me. They had to call and talk with the trial people who had to discuss. While they were doing that, we made contingency plans to convert to a regular IVF if I got booted from the study. I talked with the financial lady and everything. It would be stupid to cancel the whole thing if I got booted b/c up to now everything has been paid for. So if we convert our OOP costs would be substantially less than regular IVF (even IVF with our ins)

I couldn't leave because if I wasn't booted, I had to get more meds to get me through. She couldn't give them to me until we go the go ahead.

BUT...about 12:15 Michelle came in with a HUGE smile on her face and WE ARE CLEARED!!!

They would have never cancelled me if this was a regular IVF and think my E2 levels aren't high because I'm on only one stim med and they usually do 2 different types.

EGG RETRIEVAL IS TENTATIVELY SET FOR MONDAY! We go in Saturday at the buttcrack of dawn to confirm and set up the retrieval appointment.

I AM SOOOOOO HAPPY I CAN'T STOP SMILING!!!

4 comments:

DD said...

That's wonderful news about the study! I just think some people's levels don't surge until a little later. I was/am a slow cooker but once I was near retrieval, my numbers were always at or above requirments.

And Happy Birthday to the Little Cutie called Boo! What a charming smile!

Dr. Grumbles said...

Happy Birthday, Boo! And best of luck with egg retrieval!

LJ said...

This is just so exciting!!! Congrats!

Lollipop Goldstein said...

Congratulations! That is fantastic news--and happy birthday to Boo!