Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Relax huh?

I always hated hearing "if you just relax it will happen." Don't think this post will be a change for me. It won't.

What suprises me is that after struggling with Secondary IF for almost 4 years, then getting pregnant, I STILL HEAR IT! Now though, it's "I told you to relax, look what happened."

What those people (some of them family members) don't know is that we never stopped trying. When you are TTC and struggling, it's never far from your mind. No, we weren't in formal treatment, but I was doing accupuncture 1-2 times a week all through the summer. I knew exactly when I was ovulating and we were timing intercourse. That isn't exactly "relaxing and letting it happen." So it still bothers me to hear "I told you so." Really? Really? You have NO idea what I was doing because I stopped telling you! It was easier on my mental health to stop talking about it than to hear assvice from you.

When I told my family I was pregnant, I heard several "I told you so" comments. I had to stop myself from getting angry and just say "we weren't not trying, we just didn't tell you what we were doing." Sigh...I thought it would stop but I guess once you hear it, you will continue.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your birth. Your post really made me laugh. I haven't told anyone in my family that I am struggling with Secondary IF. And my mom is a midwife... For exactly the reasons you mention... There would not be anything they could say that wouldn't be annoying.... What else could they say except 'relax' and 'be happy with what you have'.... HA!