Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Race to the finish....

You may not know but for several months now I've been working on getting in shape. My inspiration is my SIL who has lost almost 40lbs since the holidays. She is my best friend and if she can get into shape and start running, then I can too. I'm almost down to where I was before I stopped pumping in June of 2005. I had never been that thin before and I liked it. I hadn't gained THAT much, but even then I was flab to the BEEE! I've lost almost 10 lbs and am getting more toned.

I've been getting up at 5 on weekday mornings and either going to an step/interval class at the gym (MWF) or jogging (well, trying to ) 3 miles. Now, I need to clarify. I am NOT a runner! I cannot remember the last time I RAN an entire mile at once! I sort of started last summer. I'd go for a "walk" and then I decided to jog a block. By the end of the summer I could jog 3 blocks at a time. I quit over the winter. On St. Patrick's day, Christa came up to run the St. Patrick's Day race and I ran with her. I finished it in 37:54 or so. I've been dilligent about working out since.

I decided to run a 5k on Saturday morning. It took place close to my house so we walked there. Mr and Boo accompanied me. I did SO well the first mile! I ran the ENTIRE first mile without having to stop! Then I slowed down for the water station and my calf cramped up. :( Yep, leave it to me to get injured! I finished, jogging as much as I could. I even beat my time from St. Patty's day!! Official time was 32:53 (and it would have been faster except for the slowpoke blocking the finish for me!

The doc says it's a pulled muscle and I'm supposed to rest. Yeah, fun huh? Oh well, YAY me for finishing in a good time!

My progesterone check is tomorrow. I'm going in with a plan. I am going to tell the intake person that I refuse to be drawn by a trainee and ask for their most experienced person. There is NO WAY I'm going through THIS again! NO WAY!

I'm now in a quandry about summer plans. School is out soon...not soon enough, but soon. I had scheduled a trip to Baltimore to see Mr's family with SIL and Boo for Mid July. The thing is that it's Mr's birthday weekend and also the BMX Nationals at our track. In addition to that, if we move on to IVF, there's a good chance that we'll be a bit busy during that time. His other Aunt is thinking of coming to visit us then too but wouldn't if Boo and I were not here.

Do I postpone or go ahead with the trip? HMMM....do I just wait until next week to decide? I hate the waiting game, can't I just get to the finish already??

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats on the excellent race time! And may you have a one-poke blood draw today! ;-)