Tuesday, January 8, 2008

On hold and surrounded by pregnant women

I just got the call. Because the company doing the study didn't get back to the research coordinator in time (I called on Sat. to report AF, we JUST heard) with the official protocol changes for the FET, our thaw/transfer won't be until next cycle. GRR...not happy, but I can't do much about it. So February will be our month...YES, YES it will! I'll use that good attitude everyone says I have and use it to my advantage.

I hit a low last friday though. I usually can handle pregnancy announcements pretty well. But another teacher announced her pregnancy on friday, followed by a mom at Boo's daycare. So now I know people due in : April, May, June, July and August. It's a bit much to handle don't you think? It was easier when they weren't visibly pregnant. It gets harder to see the bellies straining against fabric, knowing there is a life growing there. I'm jealous. It's not pretty.

So....I have another month to play with. I started back at the gym yesterday and I WILL lose the 5+ lbs I put on over the holidays. I'll shag my hubby without worrying about timing (but will also admit that to thinking "it could work". I'll take my master's classes which will kick my butt this semester. I've heard about this professor...and not in a good way. I'll stitch and bitch with my ladies and I'll not worry about it.

Right?

2 comments:

DD said...

I've been on pins and needles about this study and while I know you're disappointed a million times more than I am, I'm really interested in how this goes because it really could be so important to future ART cycles. Actually, I'm sure it already has helped, but I would love to see it come to a literal fruition.

littleangelkisses said...

Thanks DD. I really want to make sure that I get the results of the study back when it's all said and done too.