Monday, March 10, 2008

Where do we go from here?

We don't really know I guess...

We still want another child. *I* still want to be pregnant again. I'd like a chance to have a pregnancy I can enjoy, one that lasts longer than 31 weeks. But in the end, I want Boo to have a sibling, to have someone who knows him, all about him around after Mr and I are gone.

We don't have insurance anymore. It sucks, but that's the way it is. So we are going to go back to basics and chart. We'll continure acupuncture and herbs too. Since we are "unexplained," there is nothing to say that it can't work. It just hasn't. In 28 cycles, it hasn't.

But I guess there is hope that it might. It happened before, it can happen again. So we'll try. And we'll push our realtor to sell our other house...and THEN we'll persue IVF again.

There is the possibility of another trial for a progesterone ring...but not near here. I haven't brought that up to Mr much as it's still pretty expensive and we'd have to travel. I'm not sure if it would even be feasible to do...but I may bring it up and see.

Mr asked me not to write a letter to his CEO. I can understand why he doesn't want me to. If I were going to do it, I should have done it before. Sucks though.

I did take the embryo pictures off the fridge this weekend. I had Mr put them somewhere safe. Sigh....

4 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I can somewhat relate. I'd love to be pregnant again, to have a pregnancy that ends with a healthy baby that doesn't spend one day in the NICU. We were lucky to have twins that survived the NICU and are healthy today. They have each other, which I am thankful for. Each month my cycle is like clock work since natural conception is not a reality for us. Since we have twins my husband won't do IVF again, not that I can blame him it's not a fun process especially when you experience prematurity too.

My thoughts are with you. And I hope people stop staying inconsiderate things, even though they mean well.

Yeah So said...

I'm sorry this is so difficult. Hugs to you...

DD said...

We went through many stops and starts over the past three years. It sucks to find yourself facing two different paths, and neither necessarily appealing because of the unknown. I'll be here to support you when you need it no matter what.